We value your privacy and care about the way in which your personal information is treated.
This policy describes:
- what personal information we collect about you
- how we obtain your personal information
- how we use your personal information
- on what basis we use your personal information
- how long we keep your personal information
- who we share your personal information with
- how we protect your personal information
- which countries we transfer your personal information to
- your rights regarding your personal information
What personal data do we collect about you?
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, when you engage our services or as a result of your relationship with us or one or more of our staff.
The personal information that we process includes:
- Basic information, such as your name (including name prefix or title), the company you work for, your title or position and your relationship to a person
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s)
- Financial information, such as payment-related information
- Technical information, such as information in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events, or recruitment purposes
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of our business and recruitment processes
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
How we obtain your personal information
- We collect information from you as part of our business or recruitment processes
- We collect your personal information while monitoring our technology tools and services, including email communications sent to and from ‘Transactions.’
- We gather information about you when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, for instance engaging with our staff, of filling out an information request form on our website.
How we use your personal information
We collect and process personal information about you in a number of ways, including through your use of our website and in the provision of services by us. We use that information:
- To provide and improve this website, including analyzing its use
- To provide and improve our services to you
- To provide information requested by you
- To promote our services, including sending transaction updates
- To manage and administer our relationship with you
- For recruitment
- We may collect or receive information about you from other sources, such as keeping the contact details we already hold for you accurate and up to date using publically available sources
Use of the Total Specific Solutions website
Some facilities on our website invite you to provide us with personal information, such as the vacancy application facility in the ‘Careers’ section of our website and our email queries facilities. The purpose of these facilities is apparent at the point that you provide your personal information, and we only use that information for those purposes.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web-based analytics tool that tracks and reports on the manner in which the website is used to help us to improve it. Google Analytics does this by placing small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device. The information that the cookies collect, such as the number of visitors to the site, the pages visited and the length of time spent on the site, is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We have installed software so that our anonymous visitors also remain anonymous for Google. Please also see ‘Marketing and other emails’ below.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Marketing and other emails
We use personal information to understand whether you read the emails that we send to you, click on the links to the information. We use MailChimp for our transaction emails which shows us how you use our emails.
If you receive marketing communications from us and no longer wish to do so, you may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us here or by using the unsubscribe link which is included on all marketing mailings.
We collect, create, hold and use personal information in the course of and in connection with the services we provide. We will process identification and background information as part of our business acceptance, finance, administration and marketing processes, including anti-money laundering, conflict, reputational and financial checks. We will also process personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our prospects and clients for the purposes of the work we do for them. The information may be disclosed to third parties to the extent reasonably necessary in connection with that work. Please also see ‘Who we share your personal information with’ and ‘Which countries we transfer your personal information to’ below.
On what basis do we use your personal information
We use your personal information on the following bases:
- To perform a contract, such as engaging with a software company to conduct business
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or proceedings
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- For legitimate business purposes. Please see ‘How we use your personal information’ for more detail
- To recruit candidates
How long we keep your personal information
Your personal information will be retained:
- M&A purposes: until our relationship ends or you have indicated that you no longer wish to have contact and/or be informed
- Recruitment purposes: for one year
- Marketing purposes: until our relationship ends or you have indicated that you no longer wish to be informed
With Whom do we share your personal information
Recruitment information may be shared internally with different business units within the Group.
Recruitment information and marketing information is not shared with any third parties
We may share prospect/M&A information with certain trusted third party advisors in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
- Our professional advisers and auditors and legal services
- Our in-company technology service providers
We do not sell, rent or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party.
How we protect your personal information
We use a variety of technical and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws.
Your rights regarding your personal information
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects.
- You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it.
- You may also have a right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have it rectified or deleted, to restrict our processing of that information, to stop unauthorized transfers of your personal information to a third party.
- You may also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to Total Specific Solution’s processing of your personal information with a local supervisory authority.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to the processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘How we use your personal information’) or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent, we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
Should you wish to contact us regarding your personal data, please email us here. firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: June 2018